“Call to Artists” – April-May-June Gallery Display at Cool Beans Brew
Visual art Exhibit with settings or scenery showing any form of coffee, tea, hot or cold drinks in a favorable manner.
Open to all Fort Pierce Members and artists residing on the Treasure Coast who wish to join the Fort Pierce Art Club.
1. Open to artists working in all visual art.
2. Original work must be hung with wire hangers. NO sawtooth hangers or glass framed artwork will be allowed. Framed plexiglass is allowed.
3. Entry fee is $5 for members and includes up to two pieces of art. Current non-members may join for $40 which includes participation for 3-months in the exhibit, 1-year membership and entry fee.
4. Space for accepted work is limited; not all entries will be accepted to show. Artists members whose work is not accepted for this exhibit, will be refunded the $5.00.
5. Payment of entry fee is due at the time of submission. Entry fees are payable to the Fort Pierce Art Club. Proceeds from the entry fee will benefit the Fort Pierce Art Club’s public art and education programs.
6. Works will be judged on craftsmanship as well as the “Theme” being depicted in a tasteful and original manner. No eroticism or graphic violence will be considered.
7. Finished pieces should be no more than 40” x 40”, including framing. Pieces are not required to be framed but edges must be painted.
8. Artwork should be priced to sell. If the work is not for sale, please include value designation and indicate NFS (not for sale).
9. Art should have the artist’s name on the back of their piece.
SUBMISSION AND DELIVERY OF ORIGINAL WORK:
1. All work must be finished and completely dried.
2. All work must be ready to hang and be manageable by one person. Weight limit including framing is limited to 20 pounds per piece.
3. Hand deliver finished artwork to Cool Beans Brew, 1115 Delaware Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL on March 28, 2020
4. Submission forms will be provided on March 28, 2020 and must include your name, the work’s title, and price.
5. Submission does not guarantee that all work will be accepted to show. Work not selected to show must be picked up on (TBD) between (TBD) Artists will be notified by phone.
6.. While the Fort Pierce Art Club,Inc. and Cool Beans Brew will do its best to ensure the safety and proper hanging of the art while on display at 1115 Delaware Avenue, neither Cool Beans Brew or the Fort Pierce Art Club will NOT be responsible for art that is lost, damaged, or stolen during the 3-month show.
SELECTION AND AWARDS:
1. The Selection Committee comprised of professional artist staff will choose the work to show after all the deliveries have been made.
2. Notification of selections will be emailed to all entrants. The Committee will conclude selection the evening of (TBD) and post on the FPAC website.
3. Ribbon Awards will be given at the Fort Pierce Art Club’s discretion for First, Second, and Third places and three Honorable Mentions. The decision of the jurors is final.
4. Awards will be given during ART WALK on (TBD) at a reception from 4 pm to 7 pm.
5. BYOB is acceptable. Light appetizers will be provided by the Fort Pierce Art Club, Inc.
1. Cool Beans Brew Owners will handle all sales, collect and pay sales tax, absorb credit card fees, and retain a commission of 30% on any and all sales. A portion of this commission will be given back to the Fort Pierce Art Club.
2. The Fort Pierce Art Club will arrange for patrons to pick up their pieces at the conclusion of the show on (TBD)
3. Payment for sold works will be made within 10 days of the patron taking satisfactory possession of their purchases.
4. Artists whose work sells for over $600 will be required to provide a W9 before they are paid.
5. Unsold artwork should be picked up (TBD) between (TBD)
Please direct any questions to Jeanne Johansen, President, Fort Pierce Art Club at 772-579-1529 or email FORTPIERCE.ART.CLUB@gmail.com. Please do not call Cool Beans with questions about entering the show.